If you aren't
impressed by the title, then you must not know me very well. It is epic! I would
usually take two suitcases home from school for the weekends. I patted myself
on the back for this one! Let’s talk about how unbelievable this is. I had to
pack a heavy wool coat, a trench length rain jacket, scarves, hats, boots,
jewelry, makeup, and clothes for six months, and I made it with about 130
pounds! The two big suitcases are almost packed to the max 51 pounds, and my
carry on suitcase is about 30 pounds at the moment. I spent a few days this
week organizing and preparing for the big pack. I picked and organized my
jewelry box and makeup bag, decided on which scarves, hats, gloves, and boots
to take, and made piles of clothes that were “gotta go”, “need to go”, and “would
be really cool if it fit.” “Would be really cool if it fit” pile sadly didn’t
make the cut. After three days of strategically organizing, I laid my piles and
piles of things in the floor and the magical packing wizard made it all fit.
Thanks, Daddy! I’m going to have to fly him to London to pack me up to leave. Some days my over-planned, intensely
organized, and extremely prepared tendencies come in handy.
![]() |
| Packing=Check! Yes, we had Christmas last Saturday! Our tree has been up since October 1:) |
My first real “see
you in April” was a couple of weeks ago in Starkville. Half of my friends left
and I just yelled bye like normal, but when they left I broke down crying in
the parking lot. It hit me that I wouldn’t see them until the spring. Missing
everyone is going to be the big challenge for this leg of my journey. I don’t
think I would handle the distance as well if it wasn’t for technology. I have
Facebook, Twitter, email, Skype, and this blog, so I won’t be out of touch with
anyone with a computer. My parents are going to introduce my adorable, low-tech
grandfather to Skype soon. I’m sure that I will have some great stories from
that experience.
| Pa is not pumped about my trip, but he's excited for me anyway. |
| The Mommy-to-be and me! |
All prayers
for safe flights and comforted hearts Sunday are greatly appreciated. The next
time I update I’ll be in LONDON!!!

Praying for you :) I cannot wait to hear ALL about it!!
ReplyDelete