Katie Girl Background

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I’m going to be an AUNT!!!


Tab and Jason are going to have a baby!!!



Baby McKay is due on June 4th. This little one has excellent timing! I will be returning home from London in early April, so I will be back to feel her kick, throw a fun baby shower, and put the finishing touches on her room.

It feels crazy to love something so much even though I can’t touch, see, or hear it. I am ecstatic and bursting with love at the thought of becoming an aunt. I can’t imagine what Tab and Jason are feeling! I hope she wanted a summer baby because I feel like that was a little of God’s planning in our family. I’ve been dying to be Aunt Tiffany for 4 ½ years now, but the timing is finally right! God knew that I was going to London long before any of us did, so He decided to send us Baby McKay when I get home! He knew that I wouldn’t be able to stand being away from that baby for six months! When I got the job I had a moment’s hesitation wondering if she would end up having a kid while I was gone, but that quickly fled when I prayed one prayer about it. Our family has been praying for this baby for years and years, so I knew that God already had the timing worked out. (Even before she met Jason I started praying for her kids and mine) Three months later, Tab told us that they are having a baby and she is due in June 2012! I depend relentlessly on God's perfect timing. 

Baby McKay is going to be beautiful! Just look at her parents!

I always told Tab that her first boyfriend that I liked was going to be her husband. Jason McKay was the first boyfriend of hers that I liked. He works hard for their family, treats her like a queen, and leads their family spiritually like God intended the man of the household to do. Our mom and grandmothers started praying for our Christian husbands when we were babies ourselves, so this match was a couple of decades in the making. He delivered Tab’s, so now I’m just waiting on mine! Haha. In my personal opinion, I think Tab and Jason made a great decision in waiting to have kids. I know this isn’t the right decision or in God’s plans for everyone, but it was right for them. They gave themselves time to get to know each other as husband and wife and after boyfriend and girlfriend but before mom and dad. They are one of the sweetest couples I know and I am so thankful to call them family!



Disclaimer: The doctor has not said if it is a boy or a girl, but I will be referring to Baby McKay as a girl until I have irrefutable evidence otherwise. I have never thought of Tab having anything besides a little girl. My brain cannot/will not/doesn’t want to think otherwise. I will love Baby McKay if she turns out to be a boy, but I sure hope he likes ties and seersucker suits! Everyone is already ragging me that she is going to be a boy, but I have a peace that she’s a girl. Watch!

Reason #968574 for a girl: I doubt Jason would be too happy if I did this to a little boy! 


Get ready! I am going to be an obnoxious aunt that always posts cute pictures and stories about what cute things she does. She has already hung the moon in my eyes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment